September 2, 2014

A Quote for Today

"Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We only have today. Let us begin."
- Mother Theresa
Getting back in the saddle and establishing routines is never easy. As I was looking through my last few blog posts yesterday, I was kicking myself for stopping. Why did I stop? I should have kept going, but I was scared. Of what? I don't know. Now I realise how nice it is to have a record of life to look back on, especially now that I am about to have a baby - I'd like her to know this story, because in a way it's also her story.

I have a tonne of photos that I have amassed since I've started this blog. It was my intention to go through them and come up with some sort of organised system, but I got busy - growing a human, traveling, and with life. I am really good at finding excuses for not doing the activities that scare me. I really liked the 365 Photos project that I started (and didn't finish), and also the Make 52 Project that I started (and also didn't finish.) I see a pattern here...

I have two computers, five small thumb drives, and one external hard drive full of photos and memories here with me. Little by little, I'd like to piece the story together. I'm not sure how I will go about it all, but last night I had an idea. I could just start with the photos on this computer, which go back to January and share the highlights from the month. But then I went down a rabbit hole, and I started to pull out the small thumb drives. Five have now become three, and look at what I was doing exactly one year ago today:
It was the first day of school at the International School of Leuven. I'm talking the first day of school ever for ISL. I was the pre-primary teacher for a great group of six little kids. We had so much fun and it was an amazing opportunity I will never forget. I learned so much and the kids really inspired me for my next endeavour -- motherhood!

No comments: